Life gets busy and it’s easy to forget to take care of oneself. Especially if you’re a caregiver. Anxiety, chronic stress, and depression can easily build up. That’s why it’s important to have mental health awareness.
Without mental health awareness, one can start feeling overwhelmed, tired, irritable, unmotivated and a host of negative emotions. That’s why practicing self-care is so important.
But what is self-care? Self-care is the technique and lifestyle changes that help you manage symptoms of anxiety, depression and more. I wrote a very thorough guide on self-care, I highly encourage you to check it out.
Mental health is so important. When it comes to self-care it’s very easy to focus on yourself, and that’s great taking time for yourself for healing. But when it comes to mental care and mental awareness it takes more than that.
What will help you the most with mental self-care is helping others. Sharing love and happiness to loved ones, friends and family, and even strangers. I highly recommend helping others, it’s not only proven to be good for others but yourself as well.
This awesome 7-minute mindfulness routine is guaranteed to put you in a state of relaxation and wellbeing.
These 25 tips are almost unoriginal but I still recommend them because they are reliable and have provided and still provide results for many.
25 Ways to Practice Self-Care for your Mental Health
Use these and make a monthly mental health plan for yourself, practicing one of these a day and see how much your stress and anxiety is affected in a good way.
By the way, we wrote an amazing comprehensive guide on curing your anxiety and panic attack, I highly suggest everyone read, the first step to healing is understanding the problem. Click here to learn more…
- Throw your to-do list in the trash for a day.
- Go for a gentle stroll.
- Go outside, lay in the grass and stare at the sky. Watch the clouds go by along with all your worries.
- Make a gratitude list.
- Lower the expectations on yourself. Be ok with being mediocre sometimes.
- Donate clothes.
- Do some community service.
- Practice a 3 minute guided meditation.
- Meet up with a friend over a cup of coffee.
- Pick up a new book and read it.
- Donate books you don’t read anymore.
- Workout for 15 minutes.
- Be ok with saying no.
- Take a sick day from work.
- Avoid toxic people.
- Paint something without thinking.
- Snuggle an animal
- Have a day with your pet(s).
- Treat yourself.
- Practice or learn a hobby you’re interested in.
- Enjoy the little things.
- Take breaks from your phone, or social media.
- Listen to different music.
- Have a sleepover at a friend’s house.
- Visit family.
- Get a decent Nights Sleep – Here are 10 Hacks To Get The Best Sleep